If you are a fan of those apple, cinnamon and sugar oatmeal packets or just cinnamon goodness then this apple, cinnamon smoothie is for you! Not only is it simple but its also healthy, vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar free (not sugar-free).
If you’re just starting out and are interested in a full guide to vegan bodybuilding then check out our Total Guide to Vegan Bodybuilding.
Need help with shopping for your vegan diet? Check out our Ultimate Vegan Shopping Guide.
Apple, Cinnamon Smoothie Overview
I was experimenting with new smoothie recipes one-day, and I happened to have a craving for apple, cinnamon oatmeal because I made it for my son that morning. It was a perfect chance to create this sweet, tasty smoothie that is good enough to share with the world!
Depending on how much liquid you add it might be a bit thinner than your typical smoothie so start on the low end with your liquids if you prefer thicker smoothies.
This recipe falls into the super-simple, super-fast category for sure. It’s only 4 ingredients (plus water or nut milk) and 20-30 seconds of blending.
Like with all of our smoothie recipes this recipe requires some type of blender. I recommend an extractor/blender like a NutriBullet or Ninja. I like the 900 watt or higher versions, and I have used both of these and they both work great. An extractor not only completely breaks the food down, but it allows you to get the smoothie into your mouth as fast as possible!
Now to the ingredients.
Apple Cinnamon Smoothie: Ingredients
- 2 scoops of a vegan protein powder
- I use a blend of pea, hemp and soy protein powders I made at home
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free (traditional or rolled) oats
- If you want it gluten-free make sure the label of the oats says gluten-free as oats are notorious for cross-contamination with gluten products.
- 1/2 cup (no sugar added) natural apple juice
- plus/minus depending on how apple-tasting you want it. 1/2 cup gives
- Water or nut milk–
- add as much as you want to reach the consistency you like
- Raw cinnamon powder (not cinnamon sugar!) – 1/2 tsp. plus/minus
- 2-3 ice cubes to make it cold
- Optional if you want more sweetness: plant-based sweetener, ie. stevia
Thats it! Make this sweet, apple, cinnamon smoothie in under 5 minutes!
Please share this post as we strive to spread the word and accomplish our mission of education and awareness! Also, we would love to hear your thoughts, reviews and your vegan breakfast smoothie recipes. So please comment and share!